Featured Mobile Photographer–Nigel Gates

Nigel GatesStreet photography fascinates me.  I find the day to day images captured around the world of everyday people doing ordinary things quite beautiful.  Nigel Gates captures these images beautifully and even more than that he adds captions that delight, surprise and move me.
Nigel began his Instagram journey just six months ago.  He said it took him a while to find his style – but I’m oh so glad he did!  He’s doesn’t rely heavily on apps to get his stunning results, but instead uses Instagram’s built-in filters.  Apps he does use include Noir Photo for black and white.  Pic Grunger is great according to Nigel, even if you don’t want grunge effects but just to add some depth to a black and white image.  Snapseed is his go to app for cropping, targeting a particular element or playing with the exposure and contrast.  Squaready is Nigel’s choice when posting an image that not already cropped square.   
Enough talk…here is some of Nigel’s beautiful work.  Be sure to read the captions below (taken from his Instagram feed).
© Nigel Gates
“After just one glass, Anna could feel a warm glow…”
© Nigel Gates
“And it’s not cause I’ll be missing u that makes me fall apart, it’s just that I didn’t mean to break, no I didn’t mean to break you heart.”
© Nigel Gates
“Come on come on move a little closer.  Come on come on I want to hear you whisper.  Come on come settle down inside my love.”
© Nigel Gates
“Feel the steam all around me.”
© Nigel Gates
“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn’t exist.”
© Nigel Gates
“Rest your eyes her mother said. And let your dreams take you instead.”
© Nigel Gates
“The Powderpuff Girls and the Professor”
© Nigel Gates
“Mr. Jones pass me the bottle and believe in me…”
© Nigel Gates
“This is her last train to nowhere.  Somewhere is where she’s already been.”
© Nigel Gates
“Tintin the younger loves nothing more than ice cream with sprinkles.”
Find Nigel:  Instagram
All images in this feature are copyrighted property of Nigel Gates published on iART CHRONiCLES with the consent of the artist.



 
Featured Mobile Artists

0 comments:

Post a Comment