Painterly Mobile Artist - Wojtek Papaj

One of the things I love most about photo sharing communities is the ability to connect with people around the world.  Today I highlight the work of Wojtek Papaj, a member of the Painterly Mobile Art Flickr Group.  My heritage is Polish so it's interesting to meet someone who may have been a neighbor had my ancestors stayed in Poland!

As part of this ongoing series, I asked Wojtek to select one of his favorite images and tell us a little more about it. Please visit the group to see more of his work along with that of all of the artists. If you are a mobile photographer, we'd love to have you join.


The Artist 
Wojtek Papaj - I was born 44 years ago in Cracow, Poland; For 20 years I have lived with my wife and 3 children in Nowy Sącz (small town in the south of the country, at the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains). I prefer to be surrounded by great heritage of culture and nature rather than unspectacular spaces in the middle of nowhere and objects not possessing any uniqueness. I try to find meaning in subjects that seem non-essential, always with tender memory of their heritage and tradition. I am a member of the Polish Group of Mobile Photography Enthusiasts "mobilni".


The Work


Bottles © Wojtek Papaj


Wojtek's Commentary
The original photo I took with Nokia (R.I.P.) Lumia 800 during the Festival of Crafts. A bunch of colourful bottles in a square table just courted for an exceptional perspective and a painterly edition.
I used Fhotoroom for basic editing and then SuperPhoto for painterly effect ("cubism" brush - not a very appropriate name for this rather impressionistic tool). Next step was merging the original photo with that "impressionistic"version with MultiExpose app (MaxSat method). Finally I've added one of my favourite frames with the Lomogram app.

Find Wojtek: Flickr / AMPT / Instagram / EyeEm / mobilni

Links to apps mentioned:

Fhotoroom
SuperPhoto
MultiExpose
Lomogram





0 comments:

Post a Comment