The Whole Story - Photo by Mark Peterson

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but luckily I'm not of the feline species because I was very curious to know what was going on in this photo. Luckily I got The Whole Story from photographer Mark Peterson. After reading Mark's bio I would love to hear stories about his father's experience as a Navy combat photographer!

Interested in submitting a smartphone photo of your own for a chance to be featured? Get more information here

The Photograph


© Mark Peterson
© Mark Peterson

The Whole Story
"I shot this photo last fall in San Antonio, Texas at Mission Concepción. A hole in the arched hallway ceiling caught the attention of our three wonderful kids. I was lucky to snap this photo at just the right moment with my iPhone 4S. I later edited the photo with Snapseed, putting it into a black and white format and adding a slight amount of tilt-shift to keep the focus on the kids.

I discovered the missions while visiting San Antonio 15 years ago and immediately found myself drawn to them. In my opinion they are jewels of Texas and so breathtaking in person."



The Photographer

© Mark Peterson
Mark Peterson - Photography began for me at the age of 5 when my dad allowed me to shoot a roll of black & white film with his Rolleiflex camera. My father was a Navy combat photographer for the United States Navy during the Korean War and preferred black & white film because he said it was "timeless. I have to agree with him and today black & white photography is still my choice of a finished photo.

I manage a collectable firearms department for a large retail chain in the Austin, Texas area.  On my free time I enjoy experimenting with digital photography using my iPhone 4S.  I primarily focus on old farm properties and architectural details that catch my eye.  I have found photography to be so calming after a rough day in the retail world and take my iPhone with me everywhere.  I am always in awe of what I can do with my iPhone and have many other photos I share with others on EyeEm under the account "Peterson_Photo".



Find Mark: EyeEm 

0 comments:

Post a Comment