Anatomy of an Abstract

This week I plan to take some time to discover the capabilities of the apps I already have downloaded.  One that I almost overlooked was XnView Photo FX.

Here’s what I started with…

IMG_1529 

After some manipulation with Painteresque, increasing the saturation and sharpening, I ended up with this…

00065

I like the above as a stand alone piece, but I wanted to see what else I could do with it.  Next, I manipulated the image with the Ripple HD app.  This isn’t the exact version that I used, but unfortunately I deleted it – it’s close enough for you to get the idea.

ripplehd

The next step to see what XnView Photo FX could do.  Using the Symmetry Effect, I ended up with this!

00055 (4)

There is also a kaleidoscope setting in this app, so the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!

Happy Snapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment