The Olloclip is opening up a whole new tiny world!

You may have read my post about making your own DIY macro lens.  The homemade lens works pretty well considering the cost ($1.99) but I wanted something better for serious macro shooting, so I purchased an Olloclip and I’m really glad I did.
Here’s what the Olloclip looks like
Olloclip
It slides right onto the camera corner of the iPhone snugly and stays in place.  One end houses the fisheye lens and the other has a wide angle lens which unscrews to reveal a macro lens!  Three lenses in one.  It comes with a lens cap for each side and a little pouch to keep it in your purse or pocket.  The price is approximately $70.  It may be a bit pricey but if you’re a serious photographer, you know that’s inexpensive when compared to DSLR equipment!
Here is the photo I took of my ring with my DIY macro lens.




macro photo with diy lens
and here’s the one I took with the Olloclip!  I can see how rough I’ve been on this ring when viewed this closely.
macro photo with Olloclip
Here’s a one-legged grasshopper (about an inch long) who lives on my potted tomato plant.  This isn’t quite as sharp as it could be – I’m sure a little tripod would help!  Hmmm…maybe the next on my wish list!
Macro grasshopper with Olloclip
and a few drops of water on one of the tomatoes
Macro water drops with Olloclip
I haven’t done a lot of experimenting with the fisheye and wide angle lenses, but here is one that I took with the fisheye lens while at the L.A. Mobile Arts Festival.
Olloclip Fisheye
If you enjoy macro photography, I don’t think the Olloclip will disappoint. 
Happy Snapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment