Painterly Mobile Artist - Christianna Pierce

As the Painterly Mobile Art Flickr Group continues to grow, it gets more difficult to select a single artist to feature. As an admirer of Christianna Pierce's work, it is my pleasure to highlight one of her favorite images.

Please visit the group to see more from Christianna and all of the artists! Do you like to edit in a painterly style? Please join the group, we'd love to have you!


The Artist 

Christianna Pierce - I am a 52-year photographer/digital artist living in Portland, Oregon. Married to my high-school sweetheart, I’m the mother of two grown sons, I have been a vegetarian for 35 years, and I am passionate about creating photo paintings and digital art.

I began exploring photography about 5 years ago, when I purchased my first DSLR camera (Nikon 
D40). About a year later, I got an iPhone 3G. I currently use the iPhone 5 for the vast majority of my shots and I do most of my processing using apps on the iPad 3. 


The Work
Steady Winds © Christianna Pierce
Steady Winds © Christianna Pierce



Christianna's Commentary
I chose this painting because it represents a fun holiday my husband and I recently spent in San Francisco, California. One afternoon, we took the ferry across the Bay to Sausalito. It was a wild, windy summer day and dozens of sailboats were darting effortlessly across the water. I love to sail, and I found these beautiful sailboats against the backdrop of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge very inspiring.

I took this shot using the iPhone 5Camera+. On the iPad, I painted it using:
  1. Iris to flatten the image and saturate the hues.  
  2. Aquarella HD and Glaze to get the painterly effect
  3. Image Blender to blend various iterations of Aquarella HD and Glaze
  4. Repix to soften the clouds
  5. Brushes to add fine line detail to the bridge
  6. Tangent and Mextures to adjust hue and texture
  7. Big Photo to up-res to 2048 x 2048 pixels
  8. A+signature to add my signature

Find Christianna: Google+ / Flickr / Twitter


Links to apps mentioned:

Camera+
Iris
Aquarella HD
Glaze
Image Blender
Repix
Brushes
Tangent
Mextures
Big Photo
A+ Signature



0 comments:

Post a Comment