Painterly Mobile Artist - Roland Bösiger

There are as many painterly styles in the Painterly Mobile Art Flickr Group as there are artists. Today's feature highlights Roland Bösiger and one of his favorite images.  I find it interesting that Karen Messick had an influence on both Roland and I prompting our journey into iPhone photography!

Please visit the group to see more of Roland's work along with that of all of the artists. If you are a mobile photographer who enjoys editing in a painterly style, we'd love to have you join us!



The Artist 
Roland Bösiger - I live with my wife and twins in Winterthur, near Zurich, in Switzerland. As a child I started taking photographs – sometimes it was more intensive, other times slightly less intensive. However, it was always my main hobby in my youth. Roughly two years ago, I started iPhoneography. Accidentally, I came across the iPhoneart site and was absolutely fascinated by the variety of styles and imaginative works of art. Kaphinga’s and Karen Messick’s work inspired me so much that I decided to buy an iPhone and to start with iphoneography.

The Work
Kyburg © Roland Bösiger
Kyburg © Roland Bösiger



Roland's Commentary
I have been a member of Flickr since July 2013 and have so far only shown my pictures on this site. My typical workflow for landscapes starts with Bracket Mode and Pro HDR. Following that, I create two to three versions with Glaze which are blended and processed in LaminarPro. In order to vignette and sharpen it, I use Filterstorm. The last step is finally done with Distress FX or Pic Grunger. The illustrated picture "Kyburg“ (close to where I live and where, as a matter of fact, where my wife and I got married) was taken on a motorbike tour and was processed according to the above-mentioned workflow.


Find Roland: Flickr

Links to apps mentioned:

Bracket Mode
Pro HDR
Glaze
Laminar Pro (no longer available)
Filterstorm
Distressed FX
Pic Grunger


0 comments:

Post a Comment