The Whole Story - Photo by Joel Adam

This week's image is by the very talented Joel Adam. This is Joel's second Whole Story feature. His first can be viewed here

For a chance to be featured just tag your Instagram mobile photos with the hashtag #the_whole_story.


The Photograph


I'm Not Sleepy © Joel Adam
I'm not sleepy © Joel Adam


The Whole Story by Joel Adam


This photo was taken with ProCamera using it's timer feature.  I took two shots with me in different positions and masked/layered through Image Blender.  I then used iColorama's Shatter brush #33 to paint across the head and neck.  Snapseed was used for the "grunge", and Mextures' grain layer "1970". Finally the image was made black and white using VSCO Cam's "X3" preset, along with some slight sharpening, and fading.   After completion it reminded me of someone who just crossed paths with The Headless Horseman, hence the title "I'm not sleepy".  Kind of a play on words with my Instagram username "asleepundercolumnsovlight".  


The Photographer


I'm originally from Illinois but now reside in Louisiana with my wife and son. By day I'm a logistics coordinator for the US Army, and a mobile arts enthusiast the rest of the time. I've always been in touch with the arts in one form or another, mostly culinary and music, but it wasn't until I purchased an iPhone that I really developed a passion for mobile artistry. My work has been featured on many curated mobile photography sites and I was fortunate enough to have it displayed in the 2012 LA Mobile Arts Festival. 





Apps Mentioned:



0 comments:

Post a Comment